Information you provide
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and in addition, for Professionals, your credit card number and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
Information we collect
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including.
- Directly from you through our websites, via phone, via application forms
- From publicly available sources.
- From organisations identified under (“When do we disclose your personal information” see below).
- From our own records of when you visit us online or where we have an online presence (such as Facebook or Twitter).
- When we are required by law
This is not an exhaustive list of information we may collect or store as it may depend on the service or product being offered. If you don’t provide us with this information, unfortunately we may not be able to provide you with the service you require.
We usually collect personal information directly from you although sometimes we may use agents or service providers to do this for us. We may also get lists and business information that include personal information from other sources, both from other companies and from other public documents.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include (but are not limited to): updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others.We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient
- Information collected automatically.We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including (but not limited to) our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Service Professionals
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your personal information to other organisations, but we’ll only do this in relation to us providing our services to you or as otherwise set out in this policy. We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
Under no circumstances will Kids on the spectrum sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Kids on the spectrum has processes in place that require organisations to adhere to confidentiality obligations to protect your personal information. These organisations may be based locally or overseas. They may carry out functions for us such as:
- Mailing operations
- Billing and debt-recovery functions
- Data verification services
- Printing / Graphic design / Advertising services
- Market research
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or advisers (when requested by you to do so)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-prevention organisations
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes);
- Government, regulatory authorities, other organisations, as required by law
- Our directories and syndication partners.
When we share your information with a third party, we will require that the third party only use, store and disclose your information in a way that is consistent with this policy.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
How Accurate Is Your Information?
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information largely depends on the details you give us. Please let us know if there are any errors and keep us up to date with any changes.
No Rights of Third Parties
Access To Your Personal Information And Privacy Complaints
We take the protection of our client’s privacy very seriously. If you have any privacy concerns or believe that your personal information is inaccurate or has been collected, used or disclosed in a manner contrary to privacy law we encourage you to raise any concerns you have with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take steps to address them.